Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Would you like to pursue a political career?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Shine_Spirit, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit Bacteria

Have you ever thought about this possibility?

Whenever it's election season and I see that lot of candidates who just promise and don't deliver what they say at the time of the promises to get votes. :-@

But soon afterwards I think I wouldn't have the stomach to follow in such a corrupt environment (not to say other heavier words X_X). It gives me even the desire to vomit. :confused:

I know there are good and well intentioned people... but I think sooner or later, they'll all be corrupted to the bad side as well. It's only a matter of time because the system is much stronger than people's goodwill.

Are you brave enough to follow that path?

2. jimbob Cat Moderator

No, I have never had the desire to be a politician.

Selena likes this.
  3. Selena Bacteria

Nor have I, I'm the type that likes to work behind the scenes to make things happen....I'm not a leader but a doer.

I'm hoping Trump turns out to be a good choice, after all he's not a politician which is a plus since most are crooked.

jimbob likes this.
  4. kingcool52 Molecule

I don't think I could be a politician to be honest because I would not have the guts to lie to someone and cheat someone. These politicians, no matter what the country are all liars and criminals. They tell you these nice things to get your vote and then will do exactly the opposite to ensure that they are liked by other politicians. The only good "politician" I can think of is the Canadian prime minister. He really does seem to care about the people of his country and countries around the world

5. ray Bacteria

I have no political ambitious but when I see the present scenario of politics in our country I feel that some of us should come forward and try to change the present situation and bring some sanity to it. We really need a mass scale change in politics to change the world.

6. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Even at the small level, it's a job. For instance, the mayor of the town might make as much as a fast food manager. Anyway, note, one big turn-off to the idea, at least at a more advanced level like senator etc.., involves the hate. As noted in the thread about Christians, it's a rough and dirty game these days, much more than in the past.

I guess one question would be, "If people are not willing to take a stand, then are they cowards, or simply people wanting not wanting to hate?".