Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

What music are you playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KenBrace, Jan 28, 2015.

1. jihalliday Atom

Sadly, I think a lot of music I'm a fan of wouldn't be appreciated here as much as Lindsey, so I'm just going to share my favorite song from her. It reminds me of the music a bit in the Xbox video game "Braid" Great song.

2. KenBrace Bird Administrator

3. KenBrace Bird Administrator

4. jimbob Cat Moderator

Nice song. No music playing here right now. I just sat down to do a forum update and then go to the TV room to get tired enough to go to bed.

KenBrace likes this.
  5. KenBrace Bird Administrator

jimbob likes this.
  6. Shanlung Plant

Hard to imagine music played hundreds of years ago in primordial forests of Borneo.
    But here it is

7. jimbob Cat Moderator

Very Asian influenced. The cameraman fell in love with the dancing lady. Didn't even care about the music players.

I'm listening to Zydeco music this morning.

8. Shanlung Plant

Shucks! Away with perky thrusting tits.

Just the music and this time cameraman focus on sape players and singers.

9. jimbob Cat Moderator

Very nice, that one. Should be in my collection but it's not. Maybe ...

Zydeco music lost one of its best last night. Buckwheat Zydeco passed on last night.

10. Shanlung Plant

Sorry for you heartfelt loss. I just place Buckwheat Zydeco Hey Good Lookin into my list of Youtube favourite songs.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKroTZUf_YOdvxRNr7w5MSDsvAYm9ufYB

That is my kind of music channel that I played with random selection of stuff that I liked. And that perhaps you might like too.
    With bands and singers from 50s to 90s. , WW2 German marching songs , Chinese songs and other ethnic groups

Here is one of those in my list that might be of interest

I was watching this documentary on Tuaregs quite a few years ago. There was this background music (not this in particular). It sounded strangely like blues to me and I was wondering why such music was played. And wondered how in the world did blues went over to Tuareg and why did the documentary did not play Tuareg music in the first place.

Then a voice over came that moment. That if I thought that was blues, that will be right. Because Tuareg was the birthplace of blues and rythmn and blues. Tuaregs were very much involved in earlier slave trading in 1700s and 1800s. Slaves from Africa were taken through Tuareg's slave holding camps before trans shipment to America and beyond. The africans in those camps heared the tuareg songs being played and from there, came the rythmn and blues thats known as such in USA.

A quirk of history that might amuse some of you here

jimbob likes this.
  11. Shine_Spirit Bacteria

Right now I'm listening to the new album on Ed Sheeran, "Divide".

He's a good singer and great musician (with a short career time, but much better than many old ones), so I've been waiting for a good album... But he ended up exceeding my expectations because the album is great!

The sound is very eclectic, it's something quite different from what he had done so far. Very interesting.

If he goes on like this, his way into the music scene will be long.

12. jimbob Cat Moderator

Nice you found someone you enjoy listening to.

T Rex is playing here right now.

13. Shanlung Plant

Never mind if the words are intelligible to you. Neither do I understand those words sung either (Hokkien dialect of Chinese) . But you might like the melody and the beat. Which is what I am listening to now.

14. jimbob Cat Moderator

Nice. I have some of that style of music in my collection. No, I don't understand the language but agree the flow between the instruments and the vocals is very well done.

15. Shanlung Plant

In writing of that song here, I got curious enough to locate that song with the lyrics in Chinese. And settings in line with the words of that song. And carried on with rest of the song . I was amazed to see jazz being allude to. That song was titled "harbour sad lament" and first sentence spoke of red lanterns glowing in soft rain , with the sound of jazz in background. That a trip was about to be made with future unknown. Sadness of partings from family with dangers from high sea . I think of the tomorrow when got to set sail with the tide. sad lament and partings into unknown etc etc etc

16. Jasmin Cottontail Molecule

While browsing, I've accidentally clicked this song and I had no idea that this was the song I totally loved when I was younger. I didn't actually remember the title and I'm so thankful I found it! It's called You've Got A Way by Shania Twain :)

17. Shanlung Plant

XDXDXDb:)db:)db:)d

Jasmin Cottontail likes this.
  18. Working Buck Molecule

I listen to a lot of punk rock and metal, but I do listen to other genres like grunge and opera. I have been playing Con Te Partiro on a loop yesterday. Today I have been listening to a lot of sons by Disturbed, Mudvayne, Avenged Sevenfold, and a lot of Paul Gilbert.

19. jimbob Cat Moderator

CCR is playing here right now.

Selena likes this.
  20. Shine_Spirit Bacteria

I have to confess that I'm surprised by Lord's new single, "Green Light".

The song is very different from what she has done so far and the result was very good.

If she follows the same line as this single on her entire new album (by the way, the name of the album is "Melodrama") I have no doubt that it will be a great job.

She's been showing a good maturity since the last album. Good luck for her.