Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

What Causes Transgender Identities?

Discussion in 'Science' started by Sweed2, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Sweed2 Molecule

This topic is hard to figure out so since it is mostly biological it is one of sciences great mysteries. There seems to be a rise in this belief that a girl or boy, can decide at a young age that they want to change their gender and become the other sex.

Causes could it be linked to vaccines, as seems to be a leading reason for the rise in autism? Is it related to the foods the mother of the child eats or drinks during pregnancy? Or does it stem from handed down from one generation to the next by way of the gene pool in the family line? Or is it a mental health issue?

In other cases we find that the parents themselves influence the thinking of their child only because they had wanted a baby of a different sex, then what was delivered at birth. Has the human race gone totally bonkers or are we changing as a people into something not so good?

It must be so confusing for these children that are born into bodies that for some reason their mind can not accept and thus produces a child who thinks and acts, the way of the opposite sex. What are your thoughts on this sensitive subject?

2. Alexandoy Bacteria

Yeah, gender issues or homosexuality is one of life's mysteries. On the surface, my belief is it's either hereditary or acquired. I have known not just several children who are effeminate or the opposite and more often than not, they grow to be gay or lesbian. However, I also know some kids on the contrary who acquired their gender preference when they are in their teens.

Her name is Menchie, a friend of my younger sister with a homely face. She convinced her sister and cousin for them to act like lesbians in order to avoid the shame of not having suitors. They were arond 14 at that time. The camouflage was taken seriously for they even joined the girl's basketball team in our community. I was their coach so I know that the 3 "lesbians" were only acting. And it came to pass that they became adults. Menchie got married and so is her cousin. But the younger sister became a tru blue lesbian until now.

As for those born with the wrong gender, some of them remained bachelors and most showed their true colors.

3. Decentlady Bacteria

I don't see why should transgender be seen anything other than another category of human gender. Just like you can have black or white so can gray be called a colour. Similarly we are so used to the so called standard male and females that we are viewing transgender as an alien gender.

It's all about genetics, hormones and preferances. If I don't like eating mango forcing me will only make me puke. Let people have freedom of choices.

How , when, why, what about their evolvement is really not important.

Just like females have XX and males have XY transgenders an extra chromosome that may have a hand in determining their genotypes and phenotypes.

Once born, they can't really reverse their chromosomes but can only choose to live a life that they desire. They are already troubled souls why add more salt on the wound by even discussing them? Live and let live! :)

4. jimbob Cat Moderator

Yep.

5. Sweed2 Molecule

I think discussing the hows and whys is fair, as they are in the news so much lately in trying to change privacy laws and trying to get rid of the idea of male or female and just have everyone go by self gender determinations. I am not bashing them, but this forum is for discussing topics that many may have sympathy and empathy for in trying to understand how this is happening to so many children and adults. I have great compassion for these troubled souls and hope that their life struggles are reduced as more understanding and awareness of this condition is known.

6. Sweed2 Molecule

I found this interesting video where this topic is discussed in a informative manner. I hope it is allowed on this forum as it brings up many ways that our bodies can be changed by chemicals. I found this Sydney White, investigative journalist, to bring up many facts that most of us are totally unaware of. I don't agree with everything she says, but she makes some very important points on this subject.

GENDER BENDER Where have the men gone?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  7. Jasmin Cottontail Molecule

I have LGBT friends and most of them aren't born that way. Some of them had previous relationships with the opposite sex and were straight, but then turned out to be gay/lesbian. There are also people who call themselves as bisexuals since they like both men and women, and can be in a relationship with the opposite and the same gender. As for them, they don't think that it's because of anything that you do or you take and consume that will make someone gay, it's just the way it is. And none of them wanted to be transgenders since they can't live a normal life.

8. Selena Bacteria

I think a lot has to do with hormones...testosterone and estrogen. I don't think you are born that way but something makes you desire the same sex.

My best friend in grade school was a tomboy, she liked playing with boys toys and could throw a ball just as well if not better than a boy. Back then I only thought if her as a tomboy but later found out she was a lesbian, although she tried to hide it or deny it...she married and had two hires but later divorced and moved in with another woman. She started taking male hormones because when I saw her she looked very masculine...she's happy now.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't her family or environment that made her a lesbian...her sister was straight and her parents were traditional old school people who would not hav encouraged it.

So, I'm thinking hormones were off or some imbalance that made her like women and not men.

I know the question was about transgender but all of these categories are basically not being comfortable in the skin you or sex you were born.