Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Were you raised in a religious home?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Shine_Spirit, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit Bacteria

Here at home, no member of my family follows any religion. So I didn't have that education based on religious rules.

We all believe in the existence of God, but we never feel the need to have to follow some religion to be sure of it.

We also think that we don't have to go to church to pray (by the way... I don't understand that "obligation" :-@). We always pray anywhere, whenever we deem it necessary.

Faith isn't limited only to the scope of the church, faith it's everywhere.

What about you?

2. Selena Bacteria

I was raised Catholic but my parents weren't very religious....I just went to a catholic school for a few years because it was closer and a better school.

I'm not religious now either....wouldn't say I'm a total atheist but close. I can believe in a high power but not a book written by man, the Bible.

God didn't creat man, man created God in my opinion. The Bible is a book of history and laws to follow, I think it served its purpose at the time.

jimbob likes this.
  3. Jason76 Cat Moderator

My father was a Republican military type - but he was very cynical about religion due to bad experiences in youth. But of course, he was always quick to defend the rights of Christians, in general, anyhow.

I think his beef was with individuals more than the group, mainly from a certain church he attended as a youth. However, I think with a change in pastor he became more friendly, but he still had some deep issues even beyond that. One perhaps being the fact he saw too much violence in Vietnam.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    jimbob likes this.
  4. jimbob Cat Moderator

I was raised Christian but lost the faith before I was out of my teens. And I have never adopted any other religion.