Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Trump and Russia

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jason76, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Jason76 Cat Moderator

2. jimbob Cat Moderator

Nothing wrong with being friends with someone who others want to make an enemy of.

As friends there is less chance of violent opposition.

Trump also just told the Chinese that the USA would continue to honor the "One China" policy.

Selena likes this.
  3. KenBrace Bird Administrator

As much as I dislike Trump, this is one of the major reasons that I voted for him. Hillary scared me. Trump might screw some things up fiscally and socially but I feel like he'd do a much better job at making good deals with foreign nations and avoiding war. Had Hillary won, we may very well have ended up in a war with Russia.

WhyWeaver, Believer and jimbob like this.
  4. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Friends with Russia and war with Mexico. Mexico doesn't have nukes though. :-?

Selena likes this.
  5. jimbob Cat Moderator

Yeah, but Mexicans make lots of babies though. Like in the Korean War, shoot one and two more appear. They never ran out of people.

I'm not concerned about our relations with Russia. I think Trump and Putin will do whatever is in the best interest of their own countries respectively.

But Trump has challenged China's expansionist policies. There will be a lot of work to be done here.

6. Believer Bacteria

I do not think that we will have any kind of a war with Mexico, and the relationship between the two countries might even improve actually. Many of the illegal people who have been coming into the United States across the Mexican border are from Central America; so they have also been trespassing through Mexico, as well as when they arrive here in the US.
    Once we are able to stop the illegals from just walking across the border, they will probably not go into Mexico either, since they are just passing through Mexico on the way here to the United States. The ones who are criminals in their own countries are probably committing crimes as they travel through Mexico to get to the US, and then they often commit more crimes after they get here; so these illegals are not wanted in either country.
    It only makes sense to me that Mexico would want to stop these illegals just like we do, and we can work together to achieve this goal.

7. jimbob Cat Moderator

Good points all Believer.

Trumps speech last night indicates he has not changed his opinion about the wall.

The Great Wall of America.

Gotta keep the barbarians out!

WhyWeaver and Believer like this.
  8. WhyWeaver Bacteria

I agree with President Trump making good friends with Russian President, Putin. Like Trump, they both agree in toppling down and destroying the world's and Israel's enemy--the caliphate ISIS!

9. Believer Bacteria

I would much rather we have Russia as a friend than as our enemy, that is for sure. Russia has been cast in the role of "the Boogeyman" since at least the 1950's, when we had bomb shelters everywhere and all worried that Russia was going to bomb us at any minute.
    I remember the newspaper would include information about what we should do when we were bombed, and how to try and survive if you lived in a rural area and there were no underground shelters to hide in. My folks saved all of the information so we would know what to do should Russia actually bomb the United States.
    In spite of this belief that we have always had about Russia, they have worked together with the United States over the years, and I think we would be smart to continue to enjoy that kind of a relationship with Putin.

WhyWeaver and jimbob like this.
  10. kingcool52 Molecule

The only reason Putin was so happy that Trump became president is that Trump could probably be controlled like a puppet by Russia. Hillary Clinton was openly saying that the actions Russia were taking were wrong therefore Putin knew that she would be a difficult "ally". Trump on the other hand will probably start a war to help out Putin if he had to.

11. WhyWeaver Bacteria

Of course, cash flow to Hillary Clinton from Vladimir Putin on the sale of America's uranium was not an ally relationship between them. It was just a casual $2.35 million initial pay-to-play romance between them. What if Hillary became president?

No big deal. America would be in safe hands with the liberal left democrat president Clinton.

12. Jason76 Cat Moderator

The puppet cliche is so laughable and cliche. Who isn't someone's puppet? Let's be honest here.

13. jimbob Cat Moderator

I raised my hand.

14. WhyWeaver Bacteria

With much instrospection, I know of no one pulling strings on me. So, there:-D:-?

jimbob likes this.
  15. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Nobody likes to admit it.

16. jimbob Cat Moderator

If you are a puppet don't ever think you are an Anarchist.