Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Thoughts on Trump

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rosyrain, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Believer Bacteria

The discussion about owning a firearm is a totally different discussion, and I was trying hard not to drag the thread off topic in my answer; but I do think that this is also something that is difficult for people to understand about Americans.
    We do have laws that stop mentally ill people from owning guns, as well as anyone who has been charged with more than a misdemeanor crime ; so anyone with a felony record legally cannot own a weapon, or even vote, here in the United States.
    However, most crimes committed with weapons are perpetrated using illegally bought weapons, or stolen ones.
    It does not matter what laws we have to control weapons because the criminals will just steal the guns and kill people with them. In states where citizens are armed, there is a whole lot less violent crime, because the criminals know they might be shot when they attack a person or break into their home.
    Helping to stop these violent crimes is another part of President Trump's agenda.
    But rather than take guns away from responsible citizens; he is working towards stopping violent crimes that are committed by criminals with illegal weapons, and stopping criminals is something that I am totally in support of.

jimbob likes this.
  2. Flaming_Dorito Atom

I believe Donald Trump is not serious about the presidential role. Everybody looks at him as a joke, so he himself has also considered it a joke to be the president and laughs at him self along with others. He has no political background and said crazy things in his speeches. The whole thing was a huge mistake. Empty promises are all he knows how to do.

3. Sweed2 Molecule

In most of our elections it is all about voting for the lesser of the two evils. This time around it was Clinton or Trump, and the American people chose Trump. I think we need to give our new President a chance. After all he is trying to drain the swamp and in doing so he will no doubt piss off some people by his actions. But then he as President knows things that we are not privy too in regards to national security. I support his travel ban, after all it is temporary not permanent. I think we do need more border security and finishing the wall might help with that problem.

There are so many hidden crimes in our government that are slowly coming out of the shadows and will shock many people when all is revealed. The fake news marches on and confuses many people. If he can show the light of day on many of these issues more people may realize he is the right man for this job.

Believer likes this.
  4. haivu721vn Atom

I can not even understand about what Trump is up to. However, he isn't as evil as Clinton.
    Anyway, I don't think Donald Trump is serious about the presidential role.

5. Believer Bacteria

This viewpoint is exactly what the power-mongers who own the fake news networks want people to think about our president. Everything that President Trump says or does is mis-quoted, or just the explanation is totally skewed from the truth of the matter.
    Sadly, most people do not check out the facts, and just blindly believe what they see on the television, or read in the newspaper; and it is hard to find the truth if you do not care enough to get all of the pertinent information before coming to a conclusion.
    This is actually one of the reasons that Hillary Clinton last the election.
    The news media were constantly putting Trump down, misquoting what he said, and stating that Clinton was way ahead in the polls, when in actuality, the majority of Americans were supporting Donald Trump.
    So, on Election Day, most of the younger Clinton supporters did not even get out and vote because they thought that she had the presidency already secured; whereas the Trump supporters turned out en mass to do their best to get him elected president.

6. Selena Bacteria

Although I'm not anti gun, I don't think the laws are working regarding not letting mentally ill get them.

There are people so unstable that they scare me and yet they have guns and a drivers license!

I'll get into who should drive in another post, don't want to take this off topic any more than already has been.