Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Street Kids

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Jason76, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Jason76 Cat Moderator

You see them in Brazil or the Philippines among other places, maybe even in parts of the USA.

Where is God?

2. jimbob Cat Moderator

There never was a god Jason. That was a creation by the powerful for the purpose of controlling the people.

And no, the wealthy couldn't care less about the people who have to live on the streets because society won't even help them.

3. Quality Checked Bird Moderator

If God is present everywhere, then God is present in the suffering children and suffers with them.

Why doesn't God feed, clothe, shelter, and care for the street children?

God assigned the task of feeding, clothing, sheltering, and caring to us. Matthew 25.

Much of the suffering we witness and experience (or cause) is our own doing. We could do better. We have tremendous productive resources available. Some of our resources go to appropriately meeting our own needs. Some of it goes to maintain the luxuries of a small elite. Some of the resources are assigned to war making. Some of it goes to education, culture, scientific research, medicine, and so on. Some of our resources are wasted. Very little is devoted to aiding those whose needs are nakedly apparent and which we could take care of.

jimbob likes this.
  4. Jason76 Cat Moderator

One argument given by theologians is that God cannot eliminate the bad, otherwise, it would have to be eliminated everywhere and that would contradict free-will. Nonetheless, the Bible speaks of an afterlife where evil is eliminated despite free-will. In that case, could evil be a test? However, it does seem cruel, but God promises to payback human suffering.

5. jimbob Cat Moderator

I don't suffer. Sure, I have old age pains. Can't get away from that except through death.

Free will allows me to acknowledge my pains without the pity party of suffering.

And I agree, for those who believe in gods, the only way out from not blaming the gods for the people's suffering is to state that the gods gave (wo)man free will but let's remember the there is responsibility attached to that free will.

Jason76 likes this.
  6. Alexandoy Bacteria

For me, God is something intangible that man has created so many interpretations. The streetchildren are tangible so maybe let's stick to the streetchildren for a good converstation. Those kids on the street are the product of their parents and they hold 99% of the responsibility. Here in the Philippines, there is a pending bill to have a law against negligent parents. And I agree with that bill although I have to admit that the government has a part in that issue which may be the missing 1% of the blame. I have seen for myself how some parents would be gambling all day while their children are begging in the streets. Just recently, there was a couple who were arrested for making their children beg in the street so they can have money to buy illegal drugs. Yeah, they were arrested because of the illegal drug and not because of what their children are doing. It's really sad to see those young palms begging for money. But it's part of our society.

Jason76 likes this.
  7. jimbob Cat Moderator

Yes, it is sad, isn't it. That same stuff happens here in the USA.

The saddest thing is that it doesn't have to be this way. And there doesn't need be any new laws to stop it. There are already enough laws to stop it.

And putting those parents behind bars will prevent them from making more children they can abuse.

8. Decentlady Bacteria

Street children are everywhere. Unfortunately, people don't care enough as long as they can give their own kids shelter.

Some children genuinely are homeless/orphans while others are involved as a part of child labour. They are made to beg for various selfish reasons.

In my previous location young children were intentionally blinded so that they would beg for their whole life. This was taken seriously by the government and appropriate actions were taken.

In my current location young kids are stolen for this purpose. It is indeed a sad state of affair. Laws for children's protection are not being exercised optimally as noone is there to raise voice on their behalf.

9. jimbob Cat Moderator

And we listen to all the hypocrites running their mouth about child welfare but they themselves are doing nothing to stop the abuse.

It's easy to talk; it's harder to take action.

10. moondebi Molecule

Not only for street kids, there're uncountable occasions wherein you could challenge the existence of omnipotent.
    However, as far as the plight of street kids are concerned, it is not only saddening but also dreadful at times. The trauma and torture they go through are like hell. Begging is nothing in comparison to that. Don't know who to blame, but some incidents are horrific enough to cross the limit of our wildest imagination.

jimbob likes this.
  11. jimbob Cat Moderator

Yeah, if humans do it then it is a part of some people's human nature. We don't have to like it though. And we can even try to stop it.

12. Jason76 Cat Moderator

They are often hunted down by private armies, always with the same excuse probably, they commit crime, lower property value.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  13. DR KOKIL AGARWAL Molecule

You see the here in India as well. At times there condition is so bad that you feel really helpless for them After all they are also kids and have the very right to enjoy and avail the basic needs of life. But it is their destiny that has made them fall in such a condition.

But to blame God for this is not correct. He is a loving father and always tries to help the true and the faithful. He cannot give everyone the same kind of living. It is his own method of giving punishments and rewarding.

We are no on to question him. He is great and stands above all of us.

14. WhyWeaver Bacteria

God exists. And He's neither going anywhere to abandon nor forsake these little ones. We can be vessels of His reach-out to them. We do what we can when the orphans, the children are in our midst. Many Christian and secular organizations do some real good work to helping alleviate the little ones' adverse poverty because of neglect.