Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Should we do right things or do things right?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by omnipresent, Feb 9, 2017.

1. omnipresent Molecule

I often get confused between doing right things and doing things right. What should be our strategy? I am more towards doing things right. I think it needs courage and innovative thinking to do things right. You should be quite adventurous to try new things. It is quite possible that we may face defeat in trying new things but that is how world evolved to its advanced form. Otherwise there would have been no Isaac Newton or Thomas Edison.

On the other hand doing only right things kills our creativity. If we keep on doing only things we are sure of being successful the whole world may come to a standstill.

This is my personal feeling; maybe I am right or wrong. I am curious to know your thoughts on this.

2. jimbob Cat Moderator

I have always believed that if we are going to bother our self to do something we should do the best we can.

Doing "the right thing" is subjective to the point that I might think it right but you might think it wrong.

If I'm going to be wrong I want to be perfectly wrong.

3. moondebi Molecule

If possible, there's no harm in doing the both.
    However, "doing things right" is beyond the capacity of a commoner. We seldom try to push our limits or think otherwise. As a regular individual, most of us go by the safe and set rules. So, we're more keen to do right things.
    I wish there're more and more people who can do things right. This earth would be a better place Indeed!

jimbob likes this.
  4. Jasmin Cottontail Molecule

I believe in the saying "Whatever you are, be a good one", so basically it follows the phrase "do things right" rather than "do the right thing" :)

jimbob likes this.
  5. Decentlady Bacteria

I believe both can be done but doing the right thing may be subjective.

Doing things right may be more innovative and exciting too.

jimbob likes this.
  6. DR KOKIL AGARWAL Molecule

I would say it is doing the right things in the right way that is most important. What is the point in doing an invalid and inappropriate thing in the right way. Though the method of doing is perfect but still the results and effects will always be imperfect.
    My strategy in life is to first analyse the most important thing and then do it the right way. This way the results get acceptable in every sphere.