Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Should idiots have children?

Discussion in 'Science' started by Jason76, Aug 13, 2016.

1. KenBrace Bird Administrator

Well, it's not that a farmer can't be a genius but it doesn't require genius to be a farmer. The reason we use things like math, chess, and music to identify genius is because complicated fields like this require high levels of intelligence to excel in. Any average person can learn to plant. Not everyone can become a chess grandmaster or revolutionary physicist.

2. KenBrace Bird Administrator

"Genius" holds more meaning that just very high intelligence. It's a combination of both high intelligence and unique talent.

I don't think high intelligence is hard to define or identify. I think IQ tests are pretty valid. It's pretty easy to get a rough idea of a person's intelligence while interacting with them. You can tell when you're talking to an idiot. Give that person an IQ test and I'll bet money that they score in the average to below average range. You can also tell when you're talking to an intelligent person. Give them an IQ test and I guarantee they'll score above average.

IQ tests aren't perfect and there is always room for improvement. However, testing memory, logic skills, pattern recognition, spatial understanding, etc. is a pretty good way of measuring intelligence.

3. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Actually we cannot really say who is a genius cause a lot of people don't try anything, or at least don't try hard at anything.

4. KenBrace Bird Administrator

Well sort of but I think extreme talent has a way of coming out.

5. jimbob Cat Moderator

So does extreme stupidity.

KenBrace likes this.
  6. Jason76 Cat Moderator

You mean like bad contestants on America's Got Talent? :D

7. jimbob Cat Moderator

Well, I suppose we could include that. Hehehe.

But wait. We do need give those people credit for trying.
    Afterall, we never truly know what we are capable of until we test ourself.

8. Quality Checked Bird Moderator

One of the talents on... America's Got Talent is exhibitionism. Not everyone is willing to go on network TV and make fools of themselves.

jimbob likes this.
  9. KenBrace Bird Administrator

10. Shine_Spirit Bacteria

Surely idiots shouldn't have the right to have children, but science / biology doesn't - unfortunately X_X- say the same thing and a "funny" fact is that just the idiots who like to have more children.

Sometimes I wonder: "Where will this world go with so many human beings without the least notion of what they are doing?". I know, it's a tricky question that remains without an answer.

Well, let's pray and hope for the best. b:)d

11. Jason76 Cat Moderator

If nukes which were designed by geniuses destroyed the Earth, though, could we still say idiots should not have children? :-?

12. to7update Atom

LOL, certainly a different thread topic, and I love the fact that is under science category! :D

The sad reality is that being an idiot is something subjective, as I can be an idiot to many, and yet consider myself the king of the Universe, so I think being smart of dumb, idiot or clever, is not a prerequisite to have kids.

To have kids we just need to have love to share with them, that's all it takes. :)

13. jimbob Cat Moderator

Doesn't even require love; just sex. We are still animals.

14. to7update Atom

LOL @jimbob, I was actually not talking about the act of conception, but the upbringing part you know? :p It does remind me of that joke, an employee asks his boss the afternoon off to be a father, the next day the boss asks him if it's a boy or a girl, and he answers, I need 9 months to know now. :)

Well, anyone can have kids really, as long as they have the interest to raise them properly.

jimbob likes this.
  15. jimbob Cat Moderator

Yes, properly raising the child is a total different story. It takes a lot of time and money to do it right. And a good heart, I suppose.

to7update likes this.
  16. DR KOKIL AGARWAL Molecule

Raising a child is one of the most beautiful but difficult tasks . It requires a lot of knowledge , wisdom and hard work. I'm sure any person who is mentally not capable of any such efforts and hard work should never ever take such a big responsibility of raising a child.

What shall be put at stake will be the life of an innocent child who is totally dependent on hid parents for survival. Any such experimentation is completely unacceptable.

jimbob likes this.