Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Science and its branches

Discussion in 'Science' started by Decentlady, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Decentlady Bacteria

Science is diverse and vast. Lots of subjects come under it. Going back to the basics of Biology, Chemistry and Physics which do you think is the most important to you? Which have you or are you really applying in your daily life?

Which among three do you think is a must taught subject?

2. jimbob Cat Moderator

The science of the nature of the universe is most important to me. Regretfully, this must include all the sciences, the search for the objective truth.

There are processes at all levels of the universe. Of course, the processes of Earth are priority for me because this is where I live.

To understand the processes we can understand our self. Understanding what makes us move, or not, will allow us to live a better and more fulfilled life.

BTW, subjective truths should not be considered in this search for knowledge. Those are individual opinions and likely don't effect any one else.

3. Alexandoy Bacteria

Perhaps my age is showing because ecology seems to be the most important to me. I have been observing the environment closely because I can remember what we had 50 years ago. We lived in a house with no air conditioning, not even an electric fan. We drank water from the tap. Food was organic and natural. There were no garbage trucks. I wonder where we threw the garbage then.

Now it's a progressive society with an organized system of everything. We have the digital technology. But we also have the pollution and the congestion and the mounting garbage. Environment is what is around us. To me, that's the most important science.

jimbob likes this.
  4. tonyb Bacteria

I'd say the two most important science subjects to me are Physics and Biology. Talking about physics this is what we experience in our day to day activities. For example, mere watching an action film physics is at work there. We keep obeying the laws of physics in virtually all we do, we move, we exert energy, we generate force at work. All these have their places in physics.

jimbob likes this.