Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Russian Hacking in the US Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jason76, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Did the Russians hack the election? US government agencies seem to claim that to be the case. However, the other side thinks that democrats are just angry over losing. Anyhow, if this stuff is true then it could be very dangerous stuff, sort of like the Benghazi stuff with Hillary.

2. Believer Bacteria

I do not for one minute believe that this is true, and it is only the news stations that are against President Trump that were claiming this. Before he won the presidential vote, former president Obama said that there was no problem with the voting, and no irregularities anywhere.
    However, as soon as Hillary lost, liberals began claiming that it was not right and the Russians were handily blamed as the perpetrators.
    I think that it will be a good thing if we have friendly relations with Russia and that they would make a good ally for the United States.
    As far back as I can remember (early 1950's) we have been told that the Russians were the bad guys and that they were going to attack America; but this has never happened, and the two countries have actually worked together on things when we needed to do that.
    The Russians have been taking care of getting supplies and people back and forth to the ISS, even when our launches were supposed to go and they exploded on takeoff.
    A few years ago, one of the explorer ships was caught in the expanding ice shelf near Antarctica, and Russia also helped with that emergency.

As far as the elections go, there is no verifiable proof that the Russians did anything, and most of the hacking that did happen was within the Democratic Party.

3. ray Bacteria

I am not sure if it was the case of hacking exactly but there are chances that Russians spread these things intentionally especially regarding Hillary's Email related news. I have no reason to believe that Russians did that or the expelled persons persons from America had anything to do with hacking or spying as alleged by Democrats. However, I believe that this news played a big role in election outcome in the end.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  4. jimbob Cat Moderator

The Russians do the same things we (the USA) do. Yes, it is true, the Russians did not what Clinton to win. They did what they could get away with doing. I doubt it altered the voting results though. More people didn't like Clinton than people who didn't like Trump. Trump won. Oh well.

5. pwarbi Bacteria

Whether it's true or not, I very much doubt if we will ever get to the bottom of it anyway, and even if the authorities did then us the general public would be the last to know. If it's proved Russia was behind some sort of hacking to rig the election then that would mean that the authorities have failed to protect the democratic process so would cover it up.

If it's proved that it wasn't true, then again it would be covered up as people would then look to blame the authorities for releasing and putting that kind of statement out in the first place without having any justification, so no matter what happens it will cause a stir. I have a feeling that this is just one of those stories that will slowly fade away and this time in 6 months it will have all been forgotten.

jimbob likes this.