Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Riots at UC Berkeley

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jason76, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Jason76 Cat Moderator

2. jimbob Cat Moderator

I haven't read much about this so my understanding might be flawed.

The university arranged for a conservative and Trump supporter to speak. The liberals protested and started rioting, destroying university property. A group of conservatives (not Anarchists) knew this was going to happen and were prepared to take action against those who were trying to force their will on everyone.

Let us not forget "freedom of speech". If the liberals are demanding freedom of speech they must also allow freedom of speech for the conservatives as well. They were being hypocrites. It are they who are trying to establish a dictatorship in the USA, not Trump and the conservatives.

3. Jason76 Cat Moderator

I see what you're saying JimBob, but this is sort of a situation of people asking for it. I mean, would a bunch of SJW (Social Justice Warriors) go and protest in Alabama? Well, they did in the Civil Rights Movement - but you see what happened.

4. jimbob Cat Moderator

I don't want to get too harsh and judgmental here. I stated my opinion above. I see them as being hypocrites. Much like a wolf pact that will kill anything it encounters.

5. Jason76 Cat Moderator

I think extremists on both sides of the issue are unreasonable. As you say, it becomes a wolf pack thing. For instance, some gripes of the left are legit, but some not and so with the right. It depends on how extreme they are.

jimbob likes this.
  6. jimbob Cat Moderator

Yep. We have talked about extremism before. Almost never good.

7. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Now it's a billion times worse. So now it's two hurricanes, a real North Korean threat, and a possible Civil War.

8. jimbob Cat Moderator

Not a very bright future for the young people of America to look forward to. The young of today's America will either have to fix it or destroy it.