Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Online Education

Discussion in 'Other' started by Jason76, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Jason76 Cat Moderator

I studied on my own and tested out of a Algebra II college remedial class 20 years ago. I went to only one class took the skills exam, and that was the only day I was there.

2. kingcool52 Molecule

For younger years online only education would be awful considering young children and teenagers will just get easily distracted by sites on the site. I mean I've been trying to do my work right now but keep visiting other sites on the internet. Online education would be great for people that cannot afford education or the things required for school such as books, uniform etc. It would also be great for those in remote areas

3. tonyb Bacteria

The kind of program you intend to go for matters before deciding whether to take your education online or in actual classes. For example those interested in Nursing courses may not be able to do this online as series of tests and practicals will be needed which are not possible online. On the other hand to a reasonable degree I think program like journalism can be run online.

4. Working Buck Molecule

I prefer learning online than in a classroom, Most of the time, I feel like there are some things that they teach in school that consumes a lot of time but you would rarely use it in real life. I prefer learning what I can use though I won't get any diploma of some sort or certificate that I have learned something. I can just start a small business anyway and work for myself.

5. DR KOKIL AGARWAL Molecule

I never accepted the concept of online education. We all tend to learn better only when we are exposed to the outside world and the competition surviving therein. Learning something by sitting in front of your own desktop cannot ever bring extra ordinary results. If it is just the degree that you want then it is fine otherwise for me it is a strict NO.

6. Decentlady Bacteria

If you are as lazy as I am then better get into the physical classes. They act as a motivation.

Otherwise for short or crash courses online offers suffices.

7. pwarbi Bacteria

With technology advancing at the moment as fast as it is, I would imagine that more and more people are going to start looking at education online, and already here in the UK we have a number of online learning centres springing up where we can take all sorts of qualification from the comfort of our own homes.

While I've never looked at any of these courses myself, I do know a couple of people that have studied online and they have loved the experience. The only drawback that they have mentioned is the fact that you don't get that camaraderie with other students that you get when studying in a classroom environment, but the actual qualification they got was the same as what they would have got from attending a university and it cost a lot less. They recommend using the service as long as you have a bit of self discipline because you have to be able to study on your own and motivate yourself.