Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

New Color Scheme

Discussion in 'Board Discussion' started by KenBrace, Jan 29, 2015.

1. KenBrace Bird Administrator

What does everyone think about the new color scheme?

I figured a brown scheme gave it a more ancient library sort of feel.

2. JohnWhiler Molecule

I think it looks cool. Reminds me of a UPS truck.

Morgoth likes this.
  3. elles-belles Cell Senior Member

I just joined the forum today so I don't know how it looked before but I have to say I like the brown. It gives the forum an earthy and real authentic sense to it.
    I also agree that there is an ancient feel you get from the brown too.

KenBrace likes this.
  4. IcyBC Cell

It looks nice on the eyes even if I didn't see how it looks before. As long as the font has a deeper color for reading, then to me it is great!

5. pafjlh Cell

Well, I just joined recently so I have no idea what the previous color scheme looked like. But I will say this about the new color scheme it is pleasent to look at. Its not over powering as I have seen on some websites, its simplitic goes well with the over all look of the forum in general. I also like the layout of the forum, easy to navigate and understand. So, I think you have done a good job with creating this forum and choosing the colors to go with it. The over all look suits the subject matter of the website.

Shimus and KenBrace like this.
  6. Shimus Cell

The only other colors that would look good are darker colors; reds/blacks, neutral greys. Browns and beige go good too. Nothing "Hot" colored. The forum might also benefit from having rotating colors too, or a theme that changes every month or so.

7. KenBrace Bird Administrator

Interesting idea. I'm currently working on a new theme that I think is looking pretty cool. Should be finished with it soon. Ya'll will have to let me know what you think once I finish. :)

8. starlight Bacteria

I love the new color scheme. From the time I logged on, I noticed the difference and I liked it immediately. I like the pink background that goes with each post. I too would like to see rotating colors every now and then. It would add more variety to the forum.

KenBrace likes this.
  9. Quality Checked Bird Moderator

Good contrast between the type face and the background is important. Personally, I'd rather not see too many changes in the appearance, once it settles.

10. KenBrace Bird Administrator

What exactly do you mean by the "type face"?

11. Quality Checked Bird Moderator

The type face is what you are now reading -- just a technical term. Some type faces are slimmer, broader, heavier, lighter--depending on the design. Arial is a plain sans serif font face, Book Antiqua is a serif font face. All of the fonts available in the style bar are dark enough to provide good contrast as long as the background is not too dark a color. My vision is not very good, so I generally prefer black and white, rather than black and color. Most people have better vision, so it isn't generally a problem, especially since a default black and white style is available.

12. KenBrace Bird Administrator

Ah ok I know what you're talking about. Besides the contrast of the text and background color which style do you prefer?

13. Brizeida Molecule

I definitely love it! The books and the brownish color scheme go extremely well together. It creates a certain atmosphere of philosophical prowess :p Haha! Jokes aside, I do like it. I have this condition - I relate words to colors, and for philosophy, I've always thought of BROWN. Well done! :D

14. XLS Bacteria

I recently joined the forum but to be honest the first thing that captured my attention was the color scheme. I think it is wonderful! I like the UPS Comment lol - I see what you mean but I can also relate to the philosophical feel that it gives off. I too am not a fan of too many colors - especially on a forum but this one isn't too bad. I think it has a very nice blend. Less is more and I think you got it right. :)