Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Madonna's Threatening Speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Zyni, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Zyni Bacteria

Whether or not you agree with the march or paid attention to it, you have probably heard about Madonna's speech. She stated that she though many times about blowing up the White House.

Can we all agree that it was at least improper? I don't care if you like the president or not, I still don't think it's right to say something like that. I think it was especially ill-conceived when addressing tens of thousands of people at a protest march.

What do you think should be done? Should it be ignored? Should there be an investigation? Should she be given some kind of warning or punishment? Maybe she should give an apology that's just as public.

I don't necessarily think she meant it literally, but I don't think it's proper at all. These celebrities also need to keep in mind that their fans could do something crazy to "impress" them when they hear stuff like this. I think some of the responsibility would be hers if anything happened. What say you?

jimbob likes this.
  2. Shine_Spirit Bacteria

I think the marches - in general - were extremely valuable for the cause that has being defended (women need to be heard... in fact, they always had to be heard). But, the main problem for me is: When speeches like the one of Madonna appear, the impression I have is: "The march is boycotting itself".

I don't see motives for sexually aggressive speeches like her, this only causes unnecessary hysteria and a media that only tends to disqualify what is being defended through the march. So, it ends up getting all that without a valid purpose (it's like if a beautiful house of cards was being built in front of a storm).

Is it worth showing so much "incisiveness" in such an artificial way to defend a subject that has been struggling so much to be heard and respected?

Zyni likes this.
  3. jimbob Cat Moderator

I suggest that 99% of those protestors are frauds and all they are interested in is getting some personal attention. "Jump For Trump!"

4. ray Bacteria

I think the language used should not put you in the same category against whom you're protesting. If you want to say something that is your right but if your words/language matched with them then you have probably failed in your mission. I can understand Madonna's concern but cannot agree with the words used.

Zyni likes this.
  5. Zyni Bacteria

This is an interesting response. As someone I know was watching this mess, he kept saying, "What is their message? What exactly are they trying to convey with all of this?" So, yes, I think you're correct that the message was lost in the noise.

The "nasty woman" rant also seemed... unhinged.

I'm more concerned with the threatening tone used by Madonna though. I don't think it's acceptable.

Thank you. I don't agree with people making threatening remarks like that. It is their right to protest, but it could have been handled better.

As a woman, they certainly don't speak for me. The aggressive language, even the "name" of the march, put me off. They lowered themselves instead of lifting women up, in my opinion.

ray and jimbob like this.
  6. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Greg Gutfeld joked that Madonna knew a lot about blowing. :D

jimbob likes this.