Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

I love you, but I just don't like you anymore.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Shine_Spirit, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit Bacteria

Have you ever lived something like that? Where love still exists, but the fact of caring doesn't? :confused:

I mean... You care about the person, but you don't want to know if he's/she's is with another person or if he's/shes is happy or not with somene else.

I know it's complicated and maybe I'm not even making myself fully understood (if you're feeling very confused, I'm sorry for that :I)... But to summarize: it is to love without caring.

Is that possible? Or Am I getting crazy? :-?

2. ray Bacteria

For me it is almost an impossible situation. If I don't like someone I can't love them or going a step further can't live with them. I don't care if they are happy or not with someone else if they are not happy with me. Yes, it's a bit complicated but I guess I know what you mean. I don't think it could be love anymore if it's without caring.

3. ptahm22 Atom

I don't think that's real, you're either being paranoid or anxious. The only reason you are with someone is because you love him or her and you can't care for someone if you don't love them. Analyse your situation and have a talk with your soul mate to see what you're missing.

4. jimbob Cat Moderator

I think it's the latter.

Do you maybe have the word "love" mixed up with the word "need"?

But then, I don't talk about love often so my opinion is likely worthless.

5. Decentlady Bacteria

These confusing emotions are best thought in a sequence of like...admire..adore..crush. .infatuation...love. At least I think of them in that way but there are so many other confusing terms in between.

If I don't like someone I certainly don't care about them. If I care for someone I don't necessarily love them. But if I love someone then it has to be all the way, meaning I would care ,like and mind if they are with someone else or not!

Darn are you more confused now @OP?X_X~X(

jimbob likes this.
  6. DR KOKIL AGARWAL Molecule

How can there be love without care ? What you are talking about appears to be mere concern as normal human being rather than love.

Love is the other meaning of care . If we love someone care and concern come automatically in the frame.

jimbob likes this.
  7. Jasmin Cottontail Molecule

I don't know but I never experienced or felt something like that. I never loved someone without caring for them. Well I can say that I care for my friends but I don't love them the way I love my hubby, and yet I care for them. So I think you can't love a person without caring for them. I'm not saying that it's impossible but I simply believe that loving always comes with caring :)

8. Selena Bacteria

I've cared for a few men but I didn't love them...one was my ex, the man I met after my husband died. He filled a need at the time and I did like him...just not enough.

After that I met someone else that I also cared for but didn't love and we went our separate ways. Then one day I thought I'd look him up again and found out he had a heart attack walking on his treadmill!

After that I had a fling online for a year and that was a complete waste.

I think I'm done with looking for love because nobody stacks up to my late husband.

jimbob likes this.
  9. jimbob Cat Moderator

Yeah, that's an error we all make. Placing expectations on others based on standards that are not attainable by most.

Selena likes this.