Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

For what reasons religions were created?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Shine_Spirit, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit Bacteria

Sincerely, the only things that I can visualize to answer this are: segragation and alienation.

It may seem like a pessimistic view, but I consider it to be extremely realistic. After all, what did religion bring that we can say was positive? X_X

First they segregate people according to their interests (each religion has its rules and its segments), and then alienate them almost completely (something like a "brainwashing" :-@).

If at the end, we'll all pray to the same God... Why so many different paths to get there?

What do you think about that?

2. jimbob Cat Moderator

I think you need to go back further in time. Initially religions were animistic. That is they answered questions that could not otherwise be found through logic and first hand knowledge. The concept of giving people answers to the questions that bothered them is not a bad idea.

It is when religions became institutionalized that what you spoke to began to happen. It is now all based in control of the people.

But the root religions are still there for people to take comfort in.

Kaynil likes this.
  3. DR KOKIL AGARWAL Molecule

I think religion were created so as to keep up the faith of people in God. There are many religions with different ideals and beliefs. People who follow their religion tend to stick to them.

This gives them a path to follow in life and refrains them from moving towards the wrong path. No matter what religion one follows it is important that we stay true to self and to others.

Every religion teaches the same thing and all the people following any religion are also the same.

jimbob likes this.
  4. Selena Bacteria

I think they were created to control the masses.

jimbob likes this.