Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Everything Causes Cancer

Discussion in 'Science' started by Jason76, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Quality Checked Bird Moderator

I don't know if he tried to get out of Vietnam or not. He died at the age of 27 of a heart attack in 1971, so a bio says. If he had heart disease, he wouldn't have been drafted anyway. If going to Vietnam would have prevented the Doors from forming and performing his songs, then I'm glad he found a way out.

How did he work "I am reluctant to agree that any particular lifestyle will deliver an easy death" into which song? That doesn't ring a bell.

Oh, you mean the fake Gulf of Tonkin incident that was used as an excuse to escalate the war? There is some doubt as to whether that event came off as the Johnson administration described it.

Believer likes this.
  2. jimbob Cat Moderator

(A lot of doubt.)

3. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Yeah, but college, itself, got a lot of kids out, and Jim had attended UCLA, but later dropped out. So your saying he had a massive heart condition, so it wasn't the drug use, but probably a combo of both problems leading to his attack.

4. Quality Checked Bird Moderator

College could get you out as long as you were a student in good standing. Dropping out, obviously, ended the educational deferment.

Heart attack wasn't due to drug use? How the hell would I know. My comment on his heart attack was PURE speculation. But... if he was using so many drugs that it was wrecking his heart, he probably had begun the damage earlier. Just guessing

5. KenBrace Bird Administrator

If I had a terminal illness and was reaching the end of the line then I'd probably just shoot heroin until I overdosed. Death by heroin OD is one of the most pleasant deaths possible from what I've read.

6. Jason76 Cat Moderator

I actually saw a video of Morrison's days in Paris and apparently he was just a hedonistic guy smoking, drinking, and drugging himself to death and also he did some wild pranks, kind of like Chris Farley or John Belushi, jumping out of windows and stuff like that. So it's no wonder he died at a young age.

7. Decentlady Bacteria

A lot of things can cause cancer apart from eatables, like the sunlight. Now, is it possible to avoid that? Infact, we are adviced to get morning sunlight exposure for vitamin D. So, in a nutshell the best advice is not to overdo things as too much of anything is harmful.

Those genetically prone to cancer should be more cautious and the rest of us should consume/expose ourselves lesser to harmful/well known carcinogens.

jimbob likes this.
  8. Believer Bacteria

It is well-known that cancer cells only consume sugar/glucose, and when a person changes their diet and removes the carbohydrates that are making the glucose in the bloodstream, the cancer cells will starve to death.
    Some doctors are treating cancer patients with the ketogenic diet and it seems to be a viable option. Our bodies produce fat ketones when we do not eat sugars or starches that turn into glucose. We can use the ketones for fuel in the same way as our body can use sugar, and every part of the body does fine with this fuel; but the cancer cells cannot use ketones, so they die.
    This diet was actually used to treat epileptic patients at John Hopkins University, and it has saved many patients who did not respond to drug treatment for the seizures. The ketones were able to keep a level amount of fuel into the brain, calm it, and stop the seizures which resulted from the spikes and drops in blood sugar.
    There is an excellent movie that is based on a true story about the ketogenic diet and seizures. It is called "First Do No Harm" and stars Meryl Streep.
    Since early in the 1950's, the Cancer Society has had millions of dollars pouring in for cancer research. If they announced that cancer might be avoided by simply changing the diet , they would lose all of the money coming in; so it is likely that they will never tell people that cancer could be avoided or even cured in this manner.

Jason76 and jimbob like this.