Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

English and American Accents

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jason76, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Jason76 Cat Moderator

2. jimbob Cat Moderator

There are still some English and Australian persons in TV documentaries who I simply cannot understand because of their Old English accent.

3. Shine_Spirit Bacteria

This "division" has already caused me some good - and funny :ROFL: - problems.

No matter how hard I try, there are always some words and accents that I can not really understand (which usually start from older people... but I think this is to be expected, right? :-?).

Time changes, but not everyone can keep up.

Soon, I hope that everything is modernized because it's very annoying to go through some "stupid" moments because of this lack of connection.

4. jimbob Cat Moderator

I played a song for my friend the other day and he said he couldn't understand any of the words of the song.

Give a listen:

5. Shanlung Plant

Nice!

Heard him loud and clear!

Good diction too!

Your friend might need someone to clear out his ear wax and then his hearing be ok too.

jimbob likes this.
  6. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Some African Americans practically speak a foreign language. Anyhow, it's always funny when the Appalachians, Jamaicans, British, Afro-Americans have subtitles on documentaries. :D Come on, they're often not that difficult to understand.

7. jimbob Cat Moderator

My ears aren't so good any more. High frequency loss. It comes with old age but I had already lost most of it by the time I retired from the Army.

Pretty much any more, if I'm not looking at a person's face (lip reading) I won't understand what they are saying. And this is especially bad with children and most women.

But I can't understand anything of RAP or HipHop. They speak a different language than I speak.