Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Donald Trump won!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KenBrace, Nov 9, 2016.

1. KenBrace Bird Administrator

Well guys, a few weeks ago I was fairly skeptical that he'd win but it seems he was able to get enough momentum there at the end to pull off a victory.

So is this good news or bad news for the United States?

I'm simultaneously excited and nervous. Trump is a wildcard and I'm honestly a bit curious to see what will happen over the next couple of years. Could be a total disaster or a breath of fresh air.

Thoughts?

2. jimbob Cat Moderator

I watched a little of the returns last night. Funny how the major media were still trying to show Clinton winning. The majority of Americans didn't want four more yeas of Obama BS.

Fresh BS is more tasty.

Did you see that Putin called Trump and congratulated him? Putin would have offered a death threat if Clinton had won.

So now all the bigots need to explain why they were so wrong about what the people of America want.

3. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Not sure if Trump's way of improving the economy will work vs the liberal method or the W. Bush conservative way.

Possibly apathy among democrats regarding Clinton's email probe discouraged the voter turnout that would have put her on top in swing states. She just wasn't a very likeable candidate.

jimbob likes this.
  4. KenBrace Bird Administrator

The democrats were ridiculously stupid for choosing her as their candidate.

If they had chosen Sanders then I am certain Trump would have lost.

5. jimbob Cat Moderator

Good point. But then, Sanders allowed the establishment screw him out of the chance so it really is his own fault. Trump, one the other hand, didn't let the establishment do it to him.

Jason76 likes this.
  6. Jason76 Cat Moderator

You got that right.

Yep.

Well, I was at a gas station on a long trip last night, so I stopped and the guy there said Trump was smashing Clinton in the Electoral College, but I was cynical. But sure enough an hour or two later they were talking about Trump's certain victory on the radio.

7. KenBrace Bird Administrator

God, I enjoyed this...

:ROFL:

8. jimbob Cat Moderator

So silly. Drama, drama, drama.

9. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Some leftists though are saying that the voting rights of Latinos and blacks were suppressed via new voting laws.

10. jimbob Cat Moderator

Of course they are going to claim that. Anything they can do to destroy the American system.

But I'm sure some people were denied because they weren't registered to vote. IMO no illegal alien has the right to vote.

11. KenBrace Bird Administrator

What new voting laws?

12. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Miley, like much of the liberal elite, is out of touch with reality (reality of the working class). Regardless of how you feel about Trump, you gotta admit she hasn't worked a day in her life among real people. Plus the wild lifestyle would wreck the life of a poorer person. But I think she has a good heart, but it's so naive.

KenBrace likes this.
  13. Believer Bacteria

I think that a lot of the polls were showing Hillary Clinton in the lead, and Donald Trump doing poorly so that people would believe that Hillary was the candidate that was going to win and the one that everyone supported. Since they can easily rig those polls just by whom they choose to poll, it came out with a false reading. I was following the news from Trump's twitter feed, and also some of the other news reporters that were independent, and it showed a totally different picture .
    It was pretty obvious that Trump was packing the stadiums where he spoke every single time; but the camera never showed most of that.
    When he was here in Huntsville, they had to move the location where he was to speak to a much bigger place because there were so many people showing up, and that was hours before his plane even landed.
    We didn't try to go, because so many streets were impassable with the traffic headed for the rally ; but we did watch on television. they mostly didn't show the massive crowds of people, and Trump was talking about thousands more who were outside, and the police were told not to let anymore people in, even though they could fit more people.

The end result was that most of the liberals, both for Hillary and for Sanders, believed that Trump could never win, and that Hillary was SO far ahead that they didn't have to even concern themselves with it.
    It turned out that many people, especially younger voters, never even voted, because they were so sure that Hillary was going to win in a landslide.
    When we went to vote, most of the people that I saw at the precinct were older people, and no younger people at all.
    I asked some of my friends in other areas what they saw when they voted, and they pretty much said the same thing, mainly older people at the voting precincts.
    So, in a way, it was their own fault that Hillary lost.
    If they had actually told people that Trump was going to get a lot of votes and they needed to get out there and vote for Hillary to win, they would probably have at least had more of the younger voters out to cast their votes for Hillary.

jimbob likes this.