Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Donald Trump and TPP

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Geeta, Feb 4, 2017.

?

Trump moves to pull U. S. out of TPP

1. 12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Geeta Molecule

Trump thinks such deals will hurt American workers and undercut US companies. His stance on trade is protectionist: he has vowed to sheild Americans from the effects of globalised trade by slapping hefty tariffs on cheap Chinese imports of up to 45%. According to Trump the TPP creates a new international commission that makes decision the American people can't veto, making it easier for our trading competitors to ship cheap subsidised goods into US markets - while allowing foreign countries to continue putting barriers in front of our exports.

2. jimbob Cat Moderator

Yeah, this is a tough situation to deal with. We do need to bring some manufacturing back to the USA. But not at the burden of the American consumer.

I have no fixed opinion here other than that. Someone will pay for whatever happens.

3. Jason76 Cat Moderator

I have a bad feeling that Trump won't be able to do what he wants to do without a bad reaction, maybe a stock market crash, maybe even brought on by his American enemies on purpose or war with China. Note, Trump does have a majority in congress now so he has some power in that regard.

4. jimbob Cat Moderator

I just hope they do some serious thinking before making any directives. The immigration thing went really badly. This could easily go badly too.