Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Domain Name Wealth

Discussion in 'Other' started by Jason76, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Jason76 Cat Moderator

2. Conspiracy State Molecule

No law says they have to use them but you do have domain squatters that just buy up domains and then sit on them.....I have close to 25 or 30 domains and most I have never used and just let them expire. As far as putting them on the market for sell I have only ever sold one and did not get a lot out of that one....No matter what niche you decide to make a forum or website about its a safe bet the more popular domains will be taken especially the .com ones.....I am wanting to start a UFO forum but have spent weeks trying to get a good domain name and everyone I think of some one has scooped it up!

3. Jason76 Cat Moderator

I suppose it would only be a shame if domain squatting involved really cool sounding domains, or premium ones. Basically a lot of domains, especially the 3 digit .coms, are simply turning into a form of currency.

4. kingcool52 Molecule

It's just silly really how much these domains are going for. Does someone really need that domain for that much? You could probably buy a house somewhere for that amount of money. I don't disagree with domain squatting to be honest, it's a type of investment so if you're clever enough to realise a domain is going to increase in value then kudos to you. Enjoy your profit. I would love to do that but I think most of the good domains have already been bought

Jason76 likes this.
  5. Jason76 Cat Moderator

It depends. Some .com domains vastly help marketing. For instance, VQP.com, just using a random example, is easy to remember.

However, on the other hand, non .com domains that are sold for a lot are only valuable as a novelty, much like a baseball card is. For instance, Sell.me is probably not memorable because people might think it's sellme.com - but it's a fun novelty, nonetheless.

6. jimbob Cat Moderator

Thanks to Ken for renewing the forum services.

I hope we can get some active members back. No idea why they left.