Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Do younger women like older men?

Discussion in 'Science' started by Jason76, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Jason76 Cat Moderator

I think a few do, but most don't. Possibly the only young stuff old men will ever see will be paid for, and paid a lot.:-?

2. Quality Checked Bird Moderator

Some older people are quite attractive. Plus, older people sometimes have quite a bit more money than younger people, and money is sexy. So is power.

Older people sometimes are more sensitive, caring, polite, more stable, and so forth, just because they are older and more mature. In a number of ways, I am a much more pleasant person now (at 70) than I was when I was 18, 25, 40, 40, or 5o. Hot sex? Not from me at this point. Tender loving care? I now understand how to give it in ways I didn't know 15 years ago.

Some guys are quite capable of functioning well sexually into their 70s, even 80. Most can't. Some older women are quite capable of good sex as well. But most older people no longer have attractive bodies. Their skin is no longer beautiful, their physiques are diminished, there is sagging, fatness, gray or white hair, and so on. A lot of people don't find this attractive. I would have a hard time getting excited about somebody who looks like me.

There are May & December relationships, young woman, old man, though, that make both partners happy.

3. jimbob Cat Moderator

Well said QC. You didn't mention the money and power of older people enough so I will amplify that.

4. KenBrace Bird Administrator

Yeah, I think you pretty much just nailed it.

Women are attracted to money, power, confidence, kindness, and looks of course. Young guys tend to have the good looking part and sometimes the kindness part but, in general, they lack the confidence and stability that older guys possess. On a biological level, it's all about the eggs! Money, stability, confidence, etc. are a great environment for both the mother and her eggs.

I think older guys can definitely get women if they have resources, but they have to perhaps be a bit more cautious since they will likely attract a lot of gold diggers. It's kind of like a woman who dresses in kinky clothing. Tons of attention from guys but most of those guys are losers.

5. Quality Checked Bird Moderator

Unfortunately, older men are not always good biological partners. The rate of abnormal children goes up as the father gets older -- like, from 45 to 75 years of age.

6. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Women like men changing the look occasionally, kind of like how Ken changed his avatar. That's one way for men of any age to stay on the edge and attractive. I suppose it works the other way too as far as women go.

7. jimbob Cat Moderator

Almost allows you to think that you're going to bed with a different person every night.

8. Quality Checked Bird Moderator

I grew a beard when I was 25. It's still there 45 years later. My hair used to be wavy and dark brown. Now it's gray to white. So is my beard. I used to be thin as a rail then I inadvertently got fat.

Does all this count as "changing the look"?

9. jimbob Cat Moderator

Well, kinda', yeah.

But then, if we are not changing we are dead.

10. Believer Bacteria

If a lady may intrude on this conversation, I would like to offer my opinion on the matter. I do agree that most women are not necessarily looking for older men, unless they are looking because it comes with some sort of "attraction" , as mentioned already, money, nice home, stability, or just having a partner that treats her better.
    When I was younger, I only thought that love was what mattered; but now, having been through an abusive marriage that held together mostly because we had children, I look at things differently.
    Sure, having more money would be nice, but I am now married to a man who respects me as a lady, is honest and caring, and loves me for the person that I am , and not just wants a cute young body next to him.
    So, this works both ways, with the age-different relationships. The woman might want money or security, but the man is looking for that sexy body, so who is to say that one is wrong and the other is right.
    I am happy to have a man that loves me , for me, and I love him, for him, and not what either of us wants aside from that.
    We don't want children, now that we are older; so that part is not an issue, and as for the sex part......... well that is just as good as ever.......maybe even better.

Decentlady, KenBrace and jimbob like this.
  11. Decentlady Bacteria

You pretty much represented the common female thoughts.

I have known younger who are opportunistic and so look for older well settled man regardless of their looks.

I also happen to know young women who are truly in love with much older man.

Though people are free to comment, each individual is different. You just can't know who will be attracted to whom regardless of age factor and will end up being quite happy together too.

12. jimbob Cat Moderator

And many women prefer older men as a father figure.

13. Alexandoy Bacteria

My take on the subject is that younger women prefer older men not for the person but more for the resources. I have known so many aged gigolos and one was even a close friend. Most of the young women falling for him were after opportunities. The old guy is not really rich but he has a nice car. Besides he also has many connections particularly for job vacancies. And now that this friend is bankrupt, there are no more women around him.

14. jimbob Cat Moderator

Yeah, when we become useless no one wants us any more.

(That's actually a Taoist concept that I discuss occasionally.)

15. ray Bacteria

It's a tricky question but the answer is very simple. I have seen a number of women marrying older people but in most cases the men were very rich and the women belonged to show business especially when their career was going downhill. In my views their only object was to secure their future and nothing else. I know they could get the physical satisfaction from different sources if they had money to support them. However, there are rare cases of love behind such marriages but as I said these are very few.

16. Believer Bacteria

One of my best friends in years past was married to a man that was at least 25 years older than she was, and they had a wonderful marriage together, and truly loved each other; so this kind of a relationship can actually happen for love, and can work out well.
    Elaine said that as a teenager, she had dated some of the boys her age, and even after she got out of school and got a job; but she found that most of them were not the kind of person that she wanted to be with. I think that the last boyfriend she had was abusive with her, maybe even physically abusive, and when she met Andy (who worked at the same place that she did), she loved how kind and gentle he was and how he treated her like a princess.
    When Andy asked her to marry him, she happily said yes. They were our neighbors when I met Andy and Elaine , and had been married at least 10-15 years by the time I met them, and were still totally in love with each other.
    I think that a happy relationship involves finding the right person that you enjoy being with, more than it does having someone your right age. If you make a good choice in the person that you fall in love with, then most of the other problems that might come up can be worked out together.

17. kingcool52 Molecule

Certain relationships where a young woman is dating an older men can be real and will be because they both love each other a lot. However there will be some occasions where the younger woman is just looking for someone that is successful and rich so that she does not have to work hard or do much at all and still be able to buy expensive goods. Gold diggers basically.

jimbob likes this.