Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Do you believe in life after death?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Mwazaule, Nov 17, 2015.

1. moondebi Molecule

Is there anyone there who could uncover this mysterious topic?

Everyone here goes by their own beliefs as there's no concrete proof.

I, personally, believe in life after death. This is the only way I could solve many of the worldly puzzles which otherwise looks unjust. However, the concept is not like happily living ever after in hell or heaven though.

2. jimbob Cat Moderator

Hi Alexandoy,

I'm an Atheist so it should be a given that I don't talk about the gods often. I also accept the truth of evolution so for me there is no need for miracles or anything supernatural.

I am a Taoist. I do hold to the concepts of Soul and Spirit though. My soul is my subconscious mind; my spirit is the life force, or Chi, if you will.

When we die our soul dies at the same time. Our Chi returns to Universal Chi. Sure, some could build on this and have what was "our" Chi to be what is reincarnated into a new-born person. However, I don't go there. I don't pretend to understand the mystery of life. I only know that it happens.

3. jimbob Cat Moderator

There is a theory that there are actually multiple universes. My take on this is that there may be a total of seven universes. This theory could be used to support the idea that when we die we go to another of the seven universes and live all over again.

My best friend is a Christian and therefore believes in life after death.

I don't hold to any such concept. I have seen no evidence that anything like that exists. We have one life, we should live it as best we can and then when it is time, let go.

However, I hold to a concept that, "What is, is, always has been, and always will be. What is simply takes different forms over time." So, yeah, what is, is eternal.

4. Zyni Bacteria

I recently had this conversation with someone. "Well, one of us is right and one is wrong. The wrong one might just be you! Ever think of that?" they exclaimed. "Sure, but if I'm wrong, I have nothing to lose," was all I could think of to say.

I can't imagine life without my faith either. I don't think I'd even still be around without it.

I don't know about the whole ghost thing. I have to think that there could be spirits in the world though... I recall something about battling with spirits. I remember stories of demons cast out in the Bible or angels visiting people. Are they spirits? Spirits (good or bad) may not be the same thing as "ghosts," though.