Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Do you acknowledge God

Discussion in 'Religion' started by tonyb, Mar 6, 2017.

1. tonyb Bacteria

Do you acknowledge God in every achievement you make. Some people tend to believe that all the breakthrough in life and successes they made was totally due to their power and intellect alone. This set of people don't even think for a moment that they must have received enabled from above.

2. jimbob Cat Moderator

I'm an Atheist.

But I have been fortunate.

Life has been pretty good to me.

Selena and ray like this.
  3. ray Bacteria

I am from the group that neither believes nor disbelieves, "Just in case". I have no regular worship/prayer program but I stand quietly for a few seconds and say to myself "Stay happy and do not harm anyone today". I repeat the same words each day, however I trust in Mother Nature and believe that SHE is the one who created everything that we see in this world.

jimbob likes this.
  4. jimbob Cat Moderator

I don't personify nature but I have determined that the processes of nature are the universe's Prime Mover.

5. Believer Bacteria

I believe that this whole world did not evolve by chance, and that there has been a guiding hand in our development. Exactly what or who God is, seems to be different idea, depending on each person's opinion about God, and I don't know that any of us are even close.
    Many people wonder if the earth is even real at all, or whether we live in some kind of a virtual reality, similar to what "The Matrix" movie portrayed.
    Some people think that God is kind of a collective consciousness, and I think that there is some evidence that this exists; but I am not sure that this completely describes God.
    Another very interesting theory is that we live in a created world, that is enclosed, and maybe part of a series of created worlds, all separated from each other by an ice wall.
    In any case, I do believe that there is a divine creator, and I acknowledge him and thank him for the blessings in my life. This is not to say that I do not take responsibility for my own life, and what I do or do not do, and I think that most of the things that happen in our life are caused by our own actions or thoughts.

6. jimbob Cat Moderator

I can agree with this part of your post.

Even the Zoroastrian religion, the first known monotheistic religion, stated that god created man, gave him free will, but also gave him responsibility for all his thoughts, words, and deeds.

7. haivu721vn Atom

I believe that there maybe a God exists in our world. However, he is not trustworthy. There is no evidence that he created our world. Nor he is a good guy after all. All he needs is POWER.

jimbob likes this.
  8. jimbob Cat Moderator

That appears to be a work in progress.

Still a lot of weeding and cultivating to do before the garden becomes pretty.

9. haivu721vn Atom

Work in progress? That's taking forever to complete. Also, I can just sneak in and burn down everything.
    Good point. However Mother Nature doesn't think like us. She doesn't have emotion. She created us by accident.

jimbob likes this.
  10. Decentlady Bacteria

This question will only give personal opinions. I believe in God alright. He is omnipresent and omnipotent. I am always grateful for everything that happens in my life; good or bad as each has its own meaning, purpose and lesson.

Yes, I remember Him in everything and everyday.

11. Selena Bacteria

I think Christians are the biggest hypocrites I've ever met. They preach one thing but do the other, the ones I know are very hateful!

Any belief I had has vanished since I've been on forums....back stabbers that pretend to be good people but aren't. It's all very sad and pathetic.

Like Jimbob, life has been good to me but it's because of what I did...

Although I'm a moderate and lean right, I can't stand the Christian far right....thankfully Trump is not that and that's why he was elected. Had he not run I saw no good choices in the Republican Party and I probably wouldn't have voted.