Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Do girls really go for muscled guys?

Discussion in 'Other' started by Alexandoy, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Alexandoy Bacteria

I don’t know about you but in my younger years, I know that girls love tall guys no matter if he is skinny. Muscled guys were not in fashion in those days and they are at a disadvantage when it comes to girl. But I have to admit that muscled guys are popular in the beach but not when they are fully clothed. Maybe I have to reveal that I was a skinny guy during that time and although I am not that tall, I was okay with girls.

But now, I think the fashion has changed because the gym is very popular and the workout is a byword. That means a handsome guy has to have the muscles especially the so called abs. And I have been seeing in public a muscled guy with a pretty girl by his side despite his homely face huh. Maybe muscles is the fashion now. Do you agree to that?

2. jimbob Cat Moderator

I have no idea about today but back when I was chasing women muscles didn't seem to matter that much. Being able to dance helped though.

Selena and Decentlady like this.
  3. Decentlady Bacteria

Lmao you guys are so funny! I can't help but laugh. I think it will always be individual's preferance. Never really a fashion but I guess good looks with great brains make a killer combo.

kaka135 likes this.
  4. jimbob Cat Moderator

Hehehe. True. Some women prefer men with functioning brains.

kaka135 and Raven like this.
  5. kaka135 Atom

I guess perhaps I am too old-fashioned, as I do not like muscular guys. When I was in school, I have heard my female friends talking about muscular guys. When I watch movies, it seems like muscular guys are more popular too, but I just do not understand that. I guess I would prefer healthy looking men, but not too muscular. I am fine with skinny guys too, as long as they look healthy. :)

Yes, I think intelligence or wisdom attracts girls the most.

jimbob likes this.
  6. DR KOKIL AGARWAL Molecule

I think these days most of the girls go for smart looking muscled man who appears strong and sturdy. A thin and lean man is not accepted by them any ore. They want their partner to be well built with strong biceps and triceps .

But what lies foremost till date is good looks.

7. kingcool52 Molecule

I think younger women will tend to go for looks and will prefer guys with muscles. However I think when they mature they will realise that muscles aren't the only good thing about a man and will go for men that have intelligence. Some women may not care how much muscle you have if you don't have any money or a decent job to support them at all.

Selena and jimbob like this.
  8. Selena Bacteria

Don't care for guys with muscles, especially older guys...they just look pathetic.

I've always liked a guy with a sense of humor....that's the most important thing in my opinion.

9. Jasmin Cottontail Molecule

Guys with muscles are somewhat attractive with most women, especially my gay friends LOL :D They even go to the gym just to sneak other guy's bodies. Well I find some attractive, but some aren't. I'm not into muscular guys, I don't like skinny guys either. Well my hubby isn't both but he is, tall, dark and chubby hahaha :D But I love him for who he is, even if he is round LOL :D

jimbob and Selena like this.
  10. ray Bacteria

I am not sure because I never felt that any girl wanted to make friends with me because I was tall 183 cm (with our standards) or I was well built. But I always thought being a sportsman of national level was the secret of my success. I think I had both of them to certain extent muscles and looks :)

jimbob likes this.
  11. Shine_Spirit Bacteria

Judging by the taste of my girlfriend, I think this is not fashionable these days anymore because I'm not muscled and that was one of the reasons most caught her attention.

But looking outside (watching other girls) I think this only applies to teenage girls. Don't get me wrong, but I think the vast majority of them are totally influenced by a "beautiful body".

They create a very particular world that is almost entirely superficial and seem to live very well in it. I'm not judding, but this is what I think.

jimbob likes this.
  12. KenBrace Bird Administrator

Young guys go entirely for looks, get burned for it, then learn that positive character traits are what really matter.

The same is true for most women. They'll go only for looks while young, get burned a few times, then learn that intelligence and virtue are what really matter.

And as far as what looks good to a woman, I think a decent height, a healthy build, and a handsome face are what count. Excessively large muscles can be quite unattractive since it looks unnatural and gives off a vain, egocentric vibe.

13. jimbob Cat Moderator

Sounds like you have been burned.

14. Jason76 Cat Moderator

That's kind of creepy.:eek: Maybe that's why gyms seem so homophobic.

15. jimbob Cat Moderator

Yeah, gyms can be a strange place. Depends on the clientele.

Jason76 likes this.
  16. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Sure chicks go for muscled guys - as long as it's not freakish. It's just evolution.

17. jimbob Cat Moderator

For some it depends on where the muscles are. For some bigger really is better.

Jason76 likes this.
  18. KenBrace Bird Administrator

For the most part, I think women go for game winners. If you're jacked, then that's probably a sign that you have ambition and know how to take on the world. So that would contribute to attractiveness. If you're too jacked, then it's usually a turnoff because it shows that you're vainly obsessed with yourself, which isn't very attractive.

I think the main thing that most good women want, is a loving guy that's strong in character. Someone who has the power to be a monster but chooses to be virtuous.

The reason they don't like "nice guys" is not because they are nice. It's because they are weak and are only nice out of fear. Weakness isn't very attractive.

19. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Fear of what?

20. KenBrace Bird Administrator

Fear of confrontation with men and being rejected by women. It's a natural result of being low in the dominance hierarchy. Going back to our evolutionary roots, if you're weak then your best bet is to stay low and not pose any threat. Be nice and agreeable. Men who are too nice are usually doing so because they are afraid to assert themselves and risk confrontation.