Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Creating a Discuss Truth blog?

Discussion in 'Board Discussion' started by KenBrace, Nov 20, 2016.

1. KenBrace Bird Administrator

So I'm thinking about creating a blog for Discuss Truth. I'd like to start blogging about philosophy, politics, etc.

My thought now is to use the home domain as the blog and set the forum under "discusstruth.com/forum".

Good idea?

2. jimbob Cat Moderator

I am happy with your present site as it is. I am free to discuss philosophy with anyone who cares to talk about it. I don't enjoy talking about politics or religion although I sometimes do. As an Atheist and an Anarchist I normally end up having people pissed off at me.

KenBrace likes this.
  3. KenBrace Bird Administrator

One benefit of adding a blog to the site is that it might help to attract more members to the forum.

4. Jason76 Cat Moderator

There are also add-ons to make a XenForo blog which integrates with the forum (one free and one paid I think), or you can just use WordPress.

Blogs have a comment area, but it just isn't the same. However, forum posts can be made which link to certain blog posts, on those forum posts blog topics can be discussed.