Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Can violent novies create murderers?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Shine_Spirit, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit Bacteria

What do you think of this - old but at the sime time new - polemic that violent movies have a great responsibility in several cases of murders (many in series)? That they may be responsible for creating new killers...

I think it's too hypocritical :-@to blame the movies to justify such actions, because I think in fact, those killers already have a mind formed.

They already know (and they know very well b:)d) what their goals are and it's very easy - and extremely convenient - to blame the movies for a responsibility that is exclusively theirs.

Movies are movies, if you have a weak mind or if you a very influential person... It's not their fault. [-X

2. Alexandoy Bacteria

Yes is my opinion on the thread's title. But on a very small magnitude only. I know of some persons with criminal instincts who would surely be inspired with such violent movies. Several of those are very close to me that they tell me their feelings, why they steal or do criminal acts. Aside from money as the primary motive, a person with a criminal mind is motivated by what he sees.

3. jimbob Cat Moderator

I disagree. Movies don't cause murder, people cause murder. A person who claims they did something evil because of something they saw in a movie is a liar. They did whatever because they wanted to do it and refuse to take responsibility for their actions.

Selena likes this.