Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

Addicted To Drugs Make For Rationale Decisions Or Not?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Sweed2, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Sweed2 Molecule

It seems our town like many other towns and cities, around the country are faced with adults and children hooked on pain killers and other highly additive drugs. Taking these types of drugs can cause terrible health problems as will as creating people who are desperate for more drugs thus making them do things to get the drugs that in a normal state of mind they might not even consider. The list is long but the effect on families and friends, and other people in their communities can be long lasting and extremely unsettling, by the robbing of houses and businesses and stealing of medication from others.

Do you see a common pattern caused by drugs or do you think that these additive people would be more or less app to steal if not addicted to these types of drugs?

2. jimbob Cat Moderator

I always speak against drug and excessive alcohol use. I have seen too many people totally screw up their life by doing it.

Decentlady likes this.
  3. Decentlady Bacteria

I so second @jimbob. I too have seen enough of young lives screwed up because of drugs. It's a terrible cycle to get into.

I have seen many getting into such a cycle post physical abuse, family negligence or peer pressure.

It's a terrible habit and needs a lot of family and social support plus good medical attention if one has to detoxify himself.

jimbob likes this.
  4. Selena Bacteria

It's a tough subject and I think it depends on your age.

Are you young and taking pain meds to get high or are you a senior citizen taking them for a bad back? It makes life bearable for many and I hope that the opium/heroin epidemic doesn't make it impossible for the people that really need it to get it.

No easy solutions....and too many overdoses lately in all the cities...