Welcome to Discuss Truth forums!

Would you like to join in discussion? Click here to sign up and become a part of our community today!

A Shallow Obsession with The East - McReligion

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Jason76, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Jason76 Cat Moderator

2. jimbob Cat Moderator

Home is where the heart is.

3. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Some people like Jimbob might seem more real than others. I'm mostly speaking of the cliche karate enthusiast or the Beatles in India.

4. KenBrace Bird Administrator

I like the rational, western approach to science and the eastern mystical approach to spirituality. A healthy combination of the two is key. Don't become a close-minded atheist who believes that science has all the answers and don't become a newage nutjob who thinks chanting will bring good luck or some shit.

Jason76 and jimbob like this.
  5. Jason76 Cat Moderator

Athiests just don't have enough evidence, even with scientific advancement, to say there is no God. Just because people without knowledge of science believed in the supernatural in the past, isn't scientifically enough evidence to say there is not supernatural realm or God now.

For instance, in the past people didn't know of mental illness and said it was demons, but whose to say demons don't play around with someone's chemical makeup? For example, someone dropping huge hits of LSD weekly would be easier to mess with than someone who has a coffee habit.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  6. jimbob Cat Moderator

Hey Jason! There is no proof that any gods exist.

There is proof that LSD will severely fuck up some people.

KenBrace likes this.
  7. Jason76 Cat Moderator

LSD does that? Some people claim it doesn't, but I'm cynical about any drug, or roach poison (Our house is full of it and Iv'e told people to get rid of it).

8. jimbob Cat Moderator

But it are the ones who are using it and are already fucked up and shouldn't be listened to that are saying it doesn't fuck you up.

Go figure.

9. Quality Checked Bird Moderator

Shallow science, shallow eastern religion, shallow Christianity... shallow is the problem. Go deeper.

10. jimbob Cat Moderator

Go deeper? The universal (generalized) need for more. Never finding contentment.

11. Quality Checked Bird Moderator

You must go deeper to find contentment.

jimbob likes this.
  12. jimbob Cat Moderator

I already found mine and was able to climb back out of the abyss.

There was some peace down there too so I grabbed some of that while I could.

13. KenBrace Bird Administrator

That's not how logic works. You don't have to prove that something does not exist. The burden of proof lies with the person making the claim. Atheists don't claim that god does not exist. They claim that it is likely God does not exist since there is no evidence of his existence. If I claim that the entities experienced in a DMT trip exist objectively and are not just the result of hallucination then it would be my burden to prove that. If I cannot provide any evidence that they exist as real, conscious, living entities then there is no reason you should believe me.

14. jimbob Cat Moderator

Totally objective:

If a thing (whatever) does not exist for everyone then it does not exist.

For example, a tree; it exists for everyone. Even those who say it does not exist, if they walk into the tree they will be stopped by the immobility of the tree.

I believe in the existence of trees.